How does your family stay connected with community*?
*however you define community
How has RAYS played a part in your family story?
What is a Photovoice Project?
- Using images to tell a story of a person or group
- A way for people to tell their own story on their own terms
- Giving voice to people or groups who have historically be silenced
- A way of showing how RAYS impacts families in the community
- More information about using Photovoice for social change
- Examples: Humans of Humboldt
What we need from you
- Ten photos from each participant, submitted by mid-February 2020
- One hour conversation in with staff and other participants, we believe in late February
- You can also choose to have an individual interview if you are unable to attend the focus group
How we will thank you
- Your work included in the Our Stories Matter art show
- Refreshments and fun kids activities at the Our Stories Matter art show
- A special gift for you and your family
Interested? Need more info?
- You can learn more at an information session 30 minutes before the January Group Connections meeting
- Or ask your Family Support Specialist how the process works
- Or contact the Meredith from ML Whalen Consulting with questions. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or text her at 360.771.4209.